Saturday, June 8, 2013

Helsinki: Drink and Dine

Thanks to a young colleague, I had an amazingly tasteful and different dinner. Place to go is called Shanghai Cowboy, mexican fusion spot opened by a californian expat. Located in the heart of Helsinki (Erottajankatu 15-17), it took us a moment to find it as the sign is pretty small - or maybe we were too busy talking and not concentrating in finding the restaurant.
The interior is quite simple and stripped down but cozy. The atmosphere is trendy and cool with the clients ranging from twenties to hip forties – the latter being me ;)


 
















The service was brilliantly simple and taken care by friendly young waiters. The music was quite loud but did not bother me.
So now, let’s come to the drinks and dishes– drinks list has exciting and mysterious names. The ones we tasted were awesome. The dishes, mixtures of fresh ingredients take you to all the way to Mexico with a pinch of Asia. Coriander fans: you wanna eat there!
I thought I knew what is a nacho with guacamole and salsa. I did not! The lima pacific chalupa was just the right size of a mixture of amazing tastes including prawns, scallops, chili, lemon and avocado just to name a few. Coke and chocolate ribs: I will have it next time! The grilled banana: succulent.


Do I want to go again? Yes! Yes! Yes! It is from now on my favorite restaurant in Helsinki!

No comments:

Post a Comment