Thursday, August 8, 2013

Abrivado and Bandido in Bouillargues

The festivities in Bouillargues last for a few days (from Thursday till Monday if I remember right) and we got to see the bulls for a couple of time during our stay.
On Monday, 40 bulls were let in the village's streets! I was not there but I have been promised a few pictures and when I get them I will make an exception to the rule and load a few here.

Abrivado: the bulls charge through the village to the arena.
Bandido: the return of the bulls from the arena to the paty (grazing grounds).






 
 
 


Similar festivities start in April till November all around the region. The Camargue area is plenty of traditions and I have not seen half of it. I will need to get back there again and again :)
-c-

No comments:

Post a Comment